According to Vince Martin, an InvestorPlace contributor, “Even before broader market collapse in February, natural gas stocks were falling fast. The reason was simple: natural gas prices were plunging.”
However, natural gas prices have rebound, rising over 200% between February and September.
Initially when I published this article, it was targeted at investors who were betting on the rebounding of natural gas prices, and that bet is paying off massive.
Among the top winners are Antero Resources Corporation and Denbury Resources all of which have rising over 400% over the past two years.
If you’re interested in cheap natural gas stocks under $1, $5 and $10, here are 4 penny stocks to consider:
1. Antero Midstream Corporation (NYSE: AM)
Antero Midstream Corporation owns and operates midstream energy assets. It owns and operates natural gas gathering pipelines, compression stations, processing and fractionation plants, and water handling and treatment assets in the Marcellus Shale and Utica Shale basins. The company was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
2. Equitrans Midstream Corporation (NYSE: ETRN)
Equitrans Midstream Corporation owns, operates, acquires, and develops natural gas gathering, transmission and storage, and water services assets in the Appalachian Basin.
It operates through three segments: Gathering, Transmission, and Water.
- The Gathering System segment include 990 miles of high-pressure gathering lines with compression of approximately 445,000 horsepower and multiple interconnect points; and approximately 920 miles of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) low-pressure gathering lines.
- Its Transmission and Storage System segment comprises 950 miles of FERC regulated interstate pipeline that connects to seven interstate pipelines and local distribution companies.
- The Water System segment include two independent systems comprised approximately 180 miles of pipeline that deliver fresh water from the Monongahela River, the Ohio River, local reservoirs, and various regional waterways.
Equitrans Midstream Corporation was founded in 2018 and is headquartered in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania.
3. Barnwell Industries, Inc. (NYSE: BRN)
Barnwell Industries, Inc. acquires, develops, produces, and sells oil and natural gas in Canada.
The company operates through three segments: Oil and Natural Gas, Land Investment, and Contract Drilling.
It also invests in land interests in Hawaii.
In addition, the company owns and operates five water well drilling rigs, two pump rigs, and other ancillary drilling and pump equipment; drills water and water monitoring wells of various depths; installs and repairs water pumping systems; and distributes Floway pumps and equipment in Hawaii.
Barnwell Industries, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii.
4. Camber Energy, Inc. (NYSE: CEI)
Camber Energy, Inc., an independent oil and natural gas company, engages in the acquisition, development, and sale of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids (NGL) in the Cline shale and upper Wolfberry shale in Glasscock County, Texas.
As of March 31, 2020, its total estimated proved reserves were 133,442 million barrels of oil equivalent comprising 54,850 barrels of crude oil reserves, 43,955 barrels of NGL reserves, and 207,823 million cubic feet of natural gas reserves.
The company was formerly known as Lucas Energy Inc. and changed its name to Camber Energy, Inc. in January 2017. Camber Energy, Inc. was incorporated in 2003 and is based in Houston, Texas.
I’m a Technology Stock Analyst, with focus on companies developing cutting-edge techs. Keeping track of cutting-edge techs, companies and stocks is what I do almost everyday. And I love it. Whether it’s artificial intelligence, 5g, or autonomous vehicles; I’m all in.