The gaming industry has been growing rapidly over the past years, with over 2.5 billion gamers around the world.
In 2018, the video games market generated $131 billion and according to a report from GlobalData, the video games market alone could become a $300 billion industry by 2025.
Looking to buy cheap (small-cap) gaming stocks under $1, $5 and $10, the following list of stocks fit into that filter:
1. PlayAGS, Inc.
PlayAGS, Inc. designs and supplies gaming products and services for the gaming industry in the United States and internationally. It operates through three segments: Electronic Gaming Machines (EGM), Table Products, and Interactive Games (Interactive).
- The EGM segment offers various video slot titles for the marketplace; and EGM cabinets, including the Alora, Orion Portrait, Orion Rise, Orion Upright, ICON, Big Red, and Orion Slant. This segment also provides conversion kits that allow existing game titles to be converted to other game titles offered within that operating platform. It serves Class II Native American, Mexico, and the Philippines gaming jurisdictions, as well as Class III Native American, commercial, and charitable jurisdictions.
- The Table Products segment offers table products, including live felt table games, side bet offerings, progressives, card shufflers, signage, and other ancillary table game equipment, as well as table technology related to blackjack, poker, baccarat, craps, and roulette. This segment also provides Dex S, a single deck card shuffler for poker tables. Its brands include In Bet, Buster Blackjack, Double Draw Poker, and Criss Cross Poker.
- The Interactive segment offers a platform for business-to-business content aggregation used by real-money gaming and sports-betting partners; and business-to-consumer social casino games through its mobile app, Lucky Play Casino.
The company was formerly known as AP Gaming Holdco, Inc. and changed its name to PlayAGS, Inc. in December 2017. PlayAGS, Inc. was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada.
2. Century Casinos, Inc.
Century Casinos, Inc. operates as a casino entertainment company worldwide.
The company develops and operates gaming establishments, as well as related lodging, restaurant, horse racing, and entertainment facilities.
It owns, operates, and manages casinos in North America, England, and Poland; a racetrack and casino in Canada; and pari-mutuel off-track betting network in southern Alberta, Canada.
The company also manages cruise ship-based casinos; and provides gaming related services in Argentina. As of March 18, 2020, it operated five ship-based casinos.
The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Nintendo Co., Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and sells home entertainment products in Japan, the Americas, Europe, and internationally.
It offers video game platforms, playing cards, Karuta, and other products; and handheld and home console hardware systems and related software.
The company was founded in 1889 and is headquartered in Kyoto, Japan.
4. Elys Game Technology Corp
Elys Game Technology Corp, a vertically integrated leisure betting technology company, provides online and land-based gaming services in Europe.
It offers a range of online and offline leisure gaming services, including lottery, casino gaming, sports betting, traditional casino games, live casino games, poker, bingo, virtual sports betting, and horse racing, as well as skilled and interactive games and slots; and owns and operates innovative betting platform software that provides a suite of online and offline leisure gaming services.
The company provides its products through physical, land-based retail locations; newgioco.it or commercial webskins linked to its website; and mobile devices.
It serves approximately 98,000 online user accounts through approximately 1,300 web-shops; 44 corners; and 1 land based shop.
The company was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Toronto, Canada.
5. Accel Entertainment, Inc.
Accel Entertainment Gaming, LLC owns and operates video gaming stores. It installs gaming terminals in the United States.
The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Lemont, Illinois.
I’m a Technology Stock Analyst, with focus on companies developing cutting-edge techs. Keeping track of cutting-edge techs, companies and stocks is what I do almost everyday. And I love it. Whether it’s artificial intelligence, 5g, or autonomous vehicles; I’m all in.