Are you looking for Agritech, farm equipment or agric machinery stocks to invest in?
The following list of publicly traded Agritech companies are major players in the farm equipment/machineries and agricultural technology space.
As agricultural process becomes advanced technologically, these companies are amongst those who stands to benefit the most.
The agribusiness is something that would be viable for as long as man needs food (which is seemingly forever).
And sooner rather than later farming will become heavily automated and more agri-biotechnology will dominate contemporary agriculture.
According to Reportlinker, the smart agriculture (Agritech) market is estimated to grow from USD 13.8 billion in 2020 to USD 22.0 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 9.8% The smart agriculture market is estimated to grow from USD 13.8 billion in 2020 to USD 22.0 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 9.8%.
If you’re interested in agriculture technology stocks, consider the stock of the following publicly traded Agritech companies:
1. John Deere
Deere & Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes various equipment worldwide.
The company operates through three segments: Agriculture and Turf, Construction and Forestry, and Financial Services.
- The Agriculture and Turf segment provides various agriculture and turf equipment, and related service parts, including large, medium, and utility tractors; tractor loaders; combines, cotton pickers, cotton strippers, and sugarcane harvesters; harvesting front-end equipment; sugarcane loaders and pull-behind scrapers; tillage, seeding, and application equipment comprising sprayers, nutrient management, and soil preparation machinery; self-propelled forage harvesters and attachments, balers, and mowers; riding lawn equipment and walk-behind mowers, golf course equipment, utility vehicles, and commercial mowing equipment along with associated implements; integrated agricultural management systems technology and solutions; and other outdoor power products.
- The Construction and Forestry segment offers a range of machines and service parts used in construction, earthmoving, road building, material handling, and timber harvesting, including backhoe loaders; crawler dozers and loaders; four-wheel-drive loaders; excavators; motor graders; articulated dump trucks; landscape loaders; skid-steer loaders; milling machines; recyclers; slipform pavers; surface miners; asphalt pavers; compactors; tandem and static rollers; mobile crushers and screens; mobile and stationary asphalt plants; log skidders; feller bunchers; log loaders; log forwarders; and log harvesters and related logging attachments.
- The Financial Services segment finances sales and leases agriculture and turf, and construction and forestry equipment. It also offers wholesale financing to dealers of the foregoing equipment; and extended equipment warranties, as well as finances retail revolving charge accounts.
The company was founded in 1837 and is headquartered in Moline, Illinois.
AGCO Corporation manufactures and distributes agricultural equipment and related replacement parts worldwide.
It offers high horsepower tractors for row crop production, soil cultivation, planting, land leveling, seeding, and commercial hay operations; utility tractors for small- and medium-sized farms, as well as for dairy, livestock, orchards, and vineyards; and compact tractors for small farms, specialty agricultural industries, landscaping, equestrian, and residential uses.
The company also provides grain storage bins and related drying and handling equipment systems; seed-processing systems; swine and poultry feed storage and delivery; ventilation and watering systems; and egg production systems and broiler production equipment.
In addition, it offers round and rectangular balers, loader wagons, self-propelled windrowers, forage harvesters, disc mowers, spreaders, rakes, tedders, and mower conditioners for harvesting and packaging vegetative feeds used in the beef cattle, dairy, horse, and renewable fuel industries.
Further, the company provides implements, including disc harrows leveling seed beds and mixing chemicals with the soils; heavy tillage to break up soil and mix crop residue into topsoil; field cultivators that prepare smooth seed bed and destroy weeds; drills for small grain seeding; planters and other planting equipment; and loaders.
Additionally, it offers combines for harvesting grain crops, such as corn, wheat, soybeans, and rice; and application equipment, such as self-propelled, three- and four-wheeled vehicles, and related equipment for liquid and dry fertilizers and crop protection chemicals, and for after crops emerge from the ground, as well as produces diesel engines, gears, and generating sets.
The company markets its products under the Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra brands through a network of independent dealers and distributors.
AGCO Corporation was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
3. Titan Machinery
Titan Machinery Inc. owns and operates a network of full-service agricultural and construction equipment stores.
It operates through three segments: Agriculture, Construction, and International.
The company sells new and used equipment, including agricultural and construction equipment manufactured under the CNH Industrial family of brands, as well as equipment from various other manufacturers.
Its agricultural equipment includes machinery and attachments for use in the production of food, fiber, feed grain, and renewable energy; and home and garden applications, as well as maintenance of commercial, residential, and government properties.
The company’s construction equipment comprise heavy construction machinery, light industrial machinery for commercial and residential construction, road and highway construction machinery, and mining operations equipment.
It also sells maintenance and replacement parts.
In addition, the company offers repair and maintenance services that include warranty repairs, off-site and on-site repair services, scheduling off-season maintenance services, and notifying customers of periodic service requirements; and training programs to customers.
Further, it rents equipment; and provides ancillary equipment support services.
The company operates in Arizona, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Wyoming, the United States; and Bulgaria, Germany, Romania, Serbia, and Ukraine, Europe.
Titan Machinery Inc. was founded in 1980 and is headquartered in West Fargo, North Dakota.
Kubota Corporation manufactures and sells a range of machinery, and other industrial and consumer products in Japan, North America, Europe, Asia, and internationally.
Its Farm & Industrial Machinery segment provides tractors, power tillers, combine harvesters, rice transplanters, turf equipment, utility vehicles, other agricultural machinery, implements, attachments, post-harvest machinery, vegetable production equipment, and other agricultural equipment; cooperative drying, rice seedling, and gardening facilities; and rice mill plants.
This segment also offers farming, construction, industrial machinery, and generator engines; mini excavators, wheel loaders, compact track and skid steer loaders, and other construction machinery related products; and scales, weighing and measuring control systems, air-conditioning equipment, and air purifiers.
The company’s Water & Environment segment provides ductile iron and plastic pipes, pumps and plants, valves, and single stack drain fittings, as well as design and construction services; waste water treatment equipment and plants, water purification plants, membrane solutions, night-soil treatment plants, waste incinerating and melting plants, waste shredding and sorting plants, flue gas desulfurization apparatus, membrane methane fermentation plants, and bathtubs; and reformer and cracking tubes, hearth rolls, steel mill rolls, ceramics, TXAX friction materials, and spiral welded steel pipes.
Its Other segment offers logistics and financing services; and roofing and siding materials.
The company also engages in the non-life insurance underwriting, finance leasing, maintenance of building, security guarding, transportation, storage, and cargo handling businesses; and exports and imports repair parts related to farm equipment, engines, and construction machinery.
The company has a strategic alliance with Microsoft Corporation. Kubota Corporation was founded in 1890 and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan.
5. Raven Industries
Raven Industries, Inc., a technology company, provides various products to customers in the industrial, agricultural, geo-membrane, construction, aerospace/defense, and commercial lighter-than-air markets worldwide.
It operates in three segments: Applied Technology, Engineered Films, and Aerostar.
- The Applied Technology segment designs, manufactures, sells, and services precision agriculture products and information management tools that enable farmers to enhance farm yields. Its products include application controls, GPS-guidance steering systems, field computers, automatic boom controls, machine automation, information management tools, and injection systems, as well as Slingshot, a communications platform for its ag retailers, custom applicators, and enterprise farms; and services comprise high-speed in-field Internet connectivity and cloud-based data management. This segment sells its products to original equipment manufacturers and through aftermarket distribution partners.
- The Engineered Films segment produces plastic films and sheeting for geo-membrane, agricultural, construction, and industrial applications; and offers design-build and installation services for plastic films and sheeting. This segment sells its products directly to end-customers and through independent third-party distributors.
- The Aerostar segment offers high-altitude stratospheric platforms, technical services, and radar systems to provide research, communications, and situational awareness capabilities to governmental and commercial customers in the aerospace and defense, and commercial lighter-than-air markets.
Raven Industries, Inc. was founded in 1956 and is headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
6. Art’s Way
Art’s-Way Manufacturing Co., Inc. manufactures and sells agricultural equipment, specialized modular science buildings, and steel cutting tools in the United States and internationally.
The company operates through three segments: Agricultural Products, Modular Buildings, and Tools.
- The Agricultural Products segment offers specialized farm machinery, including portable and stationary animal feed processing equipment and related attachments; hay and forage equipment consisting of forage boxes, blowers, running gear, and dump boxes; portable grain augers; manure spreaders; sugar beet harvesting equipment; land maintenance equipment; moldboard plows; reels for combines and swathers; potato harvesters; grinder mixers; silage blowers and reels; land management equipment; and after-market service parts under the Art’s-Way, Miller Pro, Roda, M&W, Badger, and UHC by Art’s-Way brands.
- The Modular Buildings segment produces and sells swine buildings, complex containment research laboratories, and research facilities for academic research institutions, government research and diagnostic centers, public health institutions, and private research and pharmaceutical companies. This segment also provides services relating to the design, manufacturing, delivering, installation, and renting of the building units.
- The Tools segment offers standard single point brazed carbide tipped tools, and polycrystalline diamond and cubic boron nitride inserts and tools to the automotive, aerospace, oil and gas piping, and appliances industries.
The company markets and sells its products through independent farm equipment dealers, manufacturers’ representatives, direct sales, and original equipment manufacturer sales channels.
Art’s-Way Manufacturing Co., Inc. was founded in 1956 and is based in Armstrong, Iowa.
7. Origin Agritech
Origin Agritech Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates an agricultural biotechnology and an e-commerce platform primarily in the People’s Republic of China.
The company engages in crop seed breeding and genetic improvement activities.
It develops, produces, and distributes hybrid crop seeds, as well as hybrid seed technology.
The company also operates an e-commerce platform, which delivers agricultural products comprising agricultural seed products, other agricultural inputs, foods, household products, and other consumer products to farmers through online and mobile ordering.
Origin Agritech Limited was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Beijing, China.
I’m a Technology Stock Analyst, with focus on companies developing cutting-edge techs. Keeping track of cutting-edge techs, companies and stocks is what I do almost everyday. And I love it. Whether it’s artificial intelligence, 5g, or autonomous vehicles; I’m all in.