If you are like me you want to be at the forefront of cutting-edge technologies like 5G: Early Adopters.
You don’t mind that your 4G network already allows you to stream videos fast enough and play high graphics online games at an appreciable speed. Because you understand that 5G grants access to a new world, a world of new possibilities while making the old (4G) better.
When you think of a network in the United States with Speed, Low latency, Greater capacity than 4G, Fastest technology, then you are probably thinking of a 5G network. Unarguably, one of the advantages of the 5G network over the 4G network is its incredible speed. People who need speed and reliability in a network consider the 5G network their #1 option.
Aside from being a wireless technology, 5G uses higher radio frequencies that are less cultured. This allows it to carry information faster. 5G uses different input and output antennae to boost signals and capacity across the wireless network. With its exceptional features of fast download speed and low latency, it gives room for a wealth of potential applications across different industries due to improved efficiency.
Before the lockdown in 2020, the deployment of 5G was on a fast roll, however, the world as we knew it came to a halt in 2020 and so did the deployment of 5G. That notwithstanding, 5G network providers in the US have been going against all odds to expand their 5G network coverage.
The top 5G network providers; Verizon, T-mobile, and AT&T have developed fixed and mobile 5g networks in thousands of cities in the US.
Here are the Top 5G Network Providers providing 5G Internet Access:
1. Verizon 5G
Verizon is currently the number #1 5G network provider in the US, it offers mobile broadband internet access service for smartphones, basic phones, tablets, netbooks, USB or fixed moderns, mobile hotspots, smartwatches, connected cars, and other wireless devices.
Verizon has deployed fixed and mobile 5G all over the United States and is clearly one of the few 5G network providers that have taken steps to see that it improve in terms of speed and reliability in order to continue to prove that it is American’s best network.
Verizon 5G is considered a big deal because of its high-performances. The company claims that its high speed, low latency, and massive capacity, 5G ultra wideband could “make drone delivery, cloud-connect traffic control, and other applications live up to their potential.
One can experience Verizon 5G all over the region, which uses a low band spectrum to offer great coverage with performance that can support a range of functions.
PROS of VERIZON 5G
- It provides high speed
- It can cover a great area
- It has low latency and massive capacity
- It has good price and starting plan as low as $35/month per line when you pay for 4 lines
- No data caps
CONS of VERIZON 5G
- Only 5GB of premium data
- Data speeds may drop to 2G after 15GB is used
- Unlimited calling available only in some selected areas
- Taxes and extra fees included
Verizon offers its users about four 5g data plans, which are;
- 5G Start (Just the basics) = $35 per month (per line when you get 4 lines)
- 5G Play More (For all your entertainment needs) = $45 per month (per line when you get 4 lines)
- 5G Do More (Staying mobile, even around the world) = $45 per month (per line when you get 4 lines)
- 5G Do More (Fully loaded, plus music) = $55 per month (per line when you get 4 lines)
Find out more about Verizon’s 5G data plans, here.
2. AT&T 5G Network:
AT&T is a nationwide 5G network provider that provides its users with an improved speed using low band allowing signals to travel very far and capable to penetrate walls. It has one of the oldest names in the phone business with an established wireless carrier. Interestingly, it has lots of plans that can suit almost anybody.
On average AT&T has a 28.9 Mbps download speed which makes it quite fast. It also has a strong coverage for those living in the cities.
However, just like every other networks provider out there that meets the needs of customers, AT&T has its good side and bad sides.
- It provides fast downloads
- It has a fair network coverage
- It offers discount for certain group of persons like those in the military
- It has poor streaming quality
- It is mostly expensive
- It does not really have the best coverage.
AT&T offers its users about three data plans that include access to 5G, which are;
- AT&T Unlimited Starter Plan = $35 per month (per line when you get 4 lines)
- AT&T Unlimited Extra Plan = $40 per month (per line when you get 4 lines)
- AT&T Unlimited Elite Plan = $45 per month (per line when you get 4 lines)
Find out more about their 5G data plan here.
T-Mobile is one of America’s largest and most reliable 5G network providers. It is mostly considered for budgeters because it offers unlimited plans. With T-Mobile’s cheapest unlimited plan, customers can experience data deprioritization when the network becomes really slow.
It also provides one of the fastest wireless and downloads speeds of any network. For people that love to travel, T-Mobile gives you unlimited text and data in most countries as you can get free in-flight texting and Wi-Fi.
- There is no data caps
- Router placement isn’t limited to where your traditional internet hook-ups are
- It has an impressive speed
- No annual contract
- The router is included in the monthly bill
- Spotty services in some case
- The home internet service is not compatible with some live TV streaming servicing
- You may be subjected to a credit check when you sign up for it
- It can slow your service down to improve other users
- Since there is no data caps it slows, restricts, terminates, your access for either misuse or interference with its network
T-Mobile offers its users about six 5g monthly data plans, which are;
- 500Mbs of 5G data for $5 (Available in store only)
- 2GB of 5G data for $10
- 5GB of 5G data for $20
- 10GB of 5G data for $30
- 30GB of 5G data for $40
- 50GB of 5G data for $50
Other 5G Internet Network Providers
C Spire is a 5G network provider found in Mississippi that leverages 5G technology in providing its customers with reliability in accessing everything from email, online docs to point-of-sale payment services.
It also provides high-speed internet that works very well. Luckily it is affordable with just $50/month. No-fuss or hassle, you have the right to cancel at any time.
C Spire offers a limited fixed wireless 5G home internet service that uses a 28 GHz spectrum, meeting the IMT-2020 requirements for a fifth generation.
Do you know that C Spire wireless is the sixth-largest wireless network carrier in the United State? It has the largest privately held mobile communication company. Currently, it is active in all the regions in the United States. Customers with 5G enable devices are at a greater advantage of enhanced speed.
- It is reliable providing customers with accessibility
- Provides high speed network
- Its affordable for $50/month
- It has an upfront costs of about $50 to $300depending on your purchase
- It offers no tech support
- Installing it can be grueling
5. US Cellular:
US Cellular is believably the nation’s fourth largest infrastructure-based wireless carriers. The company plans to activate 5G in selected areas in the state which include California, Mine, Maryland, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia.
Interestingly, US Cellular 5G uses a spectrum that isn’t blocked by walls or barriers unlike other 5G carriers. It also has affordable data plans for its users.
- It has great coverage
- It has great selection of postpaid and prepaid options
- It is reliable
- No absence of unlimited data plan
- Lacks perks
- The range of their coverage range is relatively limited in other words customers may get less for what seems like more.