The stock market crash back in March hit so many sectors and the industrial sector was one of the most affected. Nation-wide lock-down has forced factories to stay shut and has affected the industrial sector which relies on this factories running to make money.
Consequently, the stock price of some companies in the industrial sector has fallen way below book value like Airline stocks. And buying these stocks in their lows will see you potentially have huge ROI when factories start running and things return to normal.
However, moves like this are for patient long-term investors, who have the nerves to ride through storms.
Here are five (5) Cheap Industrial Stocks to consider:
1. General Electric
General Electric Company operates as a high-tech industrial company in the United States, Europe, Asia, the Americas, the Middle East, and Africa. It operates through Power, Renewable Energy, Aviation, Healthcare, and Capital segments.
- The Power segment offers technologies, solutions, and services related to energy production, including gas and steam turbines, generators, and power generation services.
- The Renewable Energy segment provides wind turbine platforms, and hardware and software; offshore wind turbines; solutions, products, and services to hydropower industry; blades for onshore and offshore wind turbines; and high voltage equipment.
- The Aviation segment provides jet engines and turboprops for commercial and military airframes; maintenance, component repair, and overhaul services, as well as replacement parts; integrated digital components; and additive machines and materials, and engineering services.
- The Healthcare segment provides healthcare technologies in medical imaging, digital solutions, patient monitoring, and diagnostics; drug discovery; biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies; and performance enhancement solutions to hospitals, medical facilities, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and life science research markets.
- The Capital segment leases and finances aircraft, aircraft engines, and helicopters; provides financial and underwriting solutions; and manages its run-off insurance operations which provides life and health insurance and reinsurance products.
The company was founded in 1892 and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
2. United States Steel Corporation
United States Steel Corporation produces and sells flat-rolled and tubular steel products primarily in North America and Europe. It operates through three segments: North American Flat-Rolled (Flat-Rolled), U. S. Steel Europe (USSE), and Tubular Products (Tubular).
- The Flat-Rolled segment offers slabs, strip mill plates, sheets and tin mill products, as well as all iron ore and coke. This segment serves customers in the service center, conversion, automotive, construction, container, and appliance and electrical markets.
- The USSE segment provides slabs, strip mill plate, sheet, tin mill products, and spiral welded pipes, as well as refractory ceramic materials. This segment serves customers in the construction, container, appliance and electrical, service center, conversion, oil, gas, and petrochemical markets.
- The Tubular segment offers seamless and electric resistance welded steel casing and tubing products; and standard and line pipe and mechanical tubing products primarily to customers in the oil, gas, and petrochemical markets.
The company also provides railroad services and real estate operations. United States Steel Corporation was founded in 1901 and is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
3. Alta Equipment Group Inc.
Alta Equipment Group Inc. owns and operates integrated equipment dealership platforms in the United States. It operates in two segments, Industrial Equipment and Construction Equipment.
The company sells and rents new and used equipment, including lift trucks and aerial work platforms, cranes, earthmoving equipment, and other industrial and construction equipment.
It also provides parts and equipment, as well as repair and maintenance services.
Alta Equipment Group Inc. was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Livonia, Michigan.
4. Contura Energy Inc
Contura Energy, Inc. extracts, processes, and markets metallurgical and thermal coal to electric utilities, steel and coke producers, and industrial customers in the United States.
The company operates in three segments: CAPP – Met, CAPP – Thermal, and NAPP.
It operates 21 underground, eight coal mines, and 10 coal preparation plants in Northern Appalachia and Central Appalachia regions.
Contura Energy, Inc. was founded in 2016 and is headquartered in Bristol, Tennessee
5. CECO Environmental Corp
CECO Environmental Corp. provides industrial air quality and fluid handling systems for the energy, industrial, and other markets worldwide.
The company operates through three segments: Energy Solutions, Industrial Solutions, and Fluid Handling Solutions.
The company engineers, designs, builds, and installs systems that capture, clean, and destroy airborne contaminants from industrial facilities, as well as equipment that control emissions from such facilities; and fluid handling and filtration systems.
Its products and services include dampers and diverters, selective catalytic reduction and selective non-catalytic reduction systems, cyclonic technology, thermal oxidizers, filtration systems, scrubbers, and fluid handling equipment, as well as plant engineering services and engineered design build fabrication.
The company markets its products and services to natural gas processors, transmission and distribution companies, refineries, power generators, boiler manufacturers, compressor manufacturers, metals and minerals, industrial manufacturing, and engineering and construction companies.
CECO Environmental Corp. was founded in 1966 and is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
I’m a Technology Stock Analyst, with focus on companies developing cutting-edge techs. Keeping track of cutting-edge techs, companies and stocks is what I do almost everyday. And I love it. Whether it’s artificial intelligence, 5g, or autonomous vehicles; I’m all in.
2 thoughts on “5 Cheap Industrial Stocks under $10 and $5”
I am so inspired by you!
You have a remarkable way of explaining knowledge in an easy to understand format
I am very happy that I found your articles & cannot wait to read more
Thank you for sharing your research!
You’re welcome Tracey. Happy you found value on the site.