It’s no doubt today that there are borrowers who look for debt relief companies to pay off their debts or help them avoid bankruptcy, and get their credit back on track. Although these services are never free, it helps you settle your debt for less than what you owe.
Checkout: 9 Tips to Aggressively Pay Off your Credit Card Debts
When your debts become overwhelming reaching out to a debt relief company becomes an option.
A debt relief company is a profit-making business that comes in for you by negotiating with your creditors on your behalf in a way to reduce, cancel or settle your debts. They offer other options such as debt management plans or debt consolidation.
How does a debt company work?
Generally, it sets up a savings account that you will deposit money into for a set amount of time. The company then proceeds to use this account to create a negotiation on even a settlement with your creditors that you can actually pay back the loans.
However, a debt relief company often charges 15 percent of the amount of your debt for their services as well as other charges. Inasmuch as they help to keep creditors off your back or help you avoid bankruptcy. They do not guarantee results as a missed payment will just accumulate your fee.
Here are the 10 Best Debt Relief Companies in 2022:
1. National Debt Relief:
This is one of the top companies that offer debt relief. It lets customers call and speak with debt counselors without payment and the company can be used for debt settlement.
Their goal is to offer common-sense alternatives to bankruptcy that help customers get back on track and on with their daily lives. National Debt Relief has established itself as the overall best debt relief company.
One of its features is that it’s relatively transparent about its fees which range from 18% to 25% of the total enrolled debt.
- You can join through your phone enrollment
- You need to have at least $7,500 in debt
- Settlement fees are within the range of 10% to 25%
- The company is AFCC accredited
- It is fairly transparent about fees
- It charges a high fee for its service
This company was launched in 2000 and it is available in only 33 states. It’s also a member of the US chamber of commerce. CuraDebt works with businesses and individual customers with at least $5,000 in total debt. It is best for persons with small debts.
They offer various kinds of assistance ranging from personal loans and lines of credit. It favors only those with unsecured debt and tax issues.
- They offer solutions to tax-related issues
- They offer personal loans
- It is very informative and really transparent
- Offers excellent customer care service
- It doesn’t address lawsuits
- Their program does not see to secured debt
- It charges for interest
- The average debt settling time is 2- 4 years
- It charges 20% of the total debt amount
- There are no upfront fees or monthly charges for those who signed up with the company
3. Freedom Debt Relief:
Freedom Debt Relief provides an excellent program for debt settlement. They work with customers who have at least $7,500 in total debts balance. Their major focus is on debt of credit cards, personal payday loans private students loans, and other unsecured debt.
Freedom Debt Relief is the best for people with low credit scores and high debt.
- Customers must have at least $7,500 in debt
- Average time for setting debt is between 24 and 48 months
- A fee settlement range from 15% to 25%
- It offers a free consultation to potential customers
- The website is built to be user-friendly
- Tracking progress is easy and transparent
- High-interest rate
- Its program does not cover secured debts
4. New Era Debt Solutions:
This company is guided by principles as its very committed to providing good customer-friendly debt solutions. As seen in its operation, from its lack of minimum debt requirement and its lowest solutions fees of 16-20%. Depending on the debt size, a customer can get a discount of 4%.
New Era boasts average customer savings of 56.27% on the balance of its enrolled debt after the debt is settled and has a low 18.28% dropout rate and all of these make it one of the best debt relief companies.
- It gives customers discounts
- It provides personalized services
- It does not support secured debts
- Waiting to contact their customers’ services can be frustrating.
5. Guardian Debt Relief:
This company focuses on an individualized approach to settling debts. Guardian Debt Relief does not require any upfront fees, nonetheless, it still charges a service fee for its services.
The company is a member of AFCC hence they offer professional advisors. It also provides a customer-friendly service. It is a good choice for those with higher unsecured debts.
- It requires a minimum deposit of $10,000
- They charge a 20% settlement fee
- It has a high success rate
- They provide great features and experts for customers
- It includes live options and a low service fee.
- It is not available in many states
- It doesn’t provide services for secured debts
6. Accredited Debt Relief:
Founded in 2011, Accredited Debt Relief offers a free consultation and a money-back guarantee. It uses a debt settlement process to get you out of debt. Instead of making payments on your credit cards or other bills, you will just have to set aside extra money in a savings account.
This company works for you once you’ve saved up to 40% to 50% of the amount of each debt. It is best for people who already have a low credit score and have more debt than they can pay off in the next 2 to 4 years.
- It requires 12 to 48 months of commitment
- Its charges fee is 15% to 25%
- There are no upfront fees for debt settlement
- Free consultation and money-back guarantee
- The fees are high
- It can affect your credit score negatively
7. Century Support Services:
This is one of the best debt relief companies for credit card debt. Hence it is a good choice for customers with credit card debts. Before enrolling in the program, a free consultation with a debt advisor is given, who see to it that you receive the necessary advice you need for your unique situation.
Century Support Services is accredited by the AFCC and IAPDA.
- Charges an interest fee within 18% to 25%
- It does not specify a debt management plan
- It provides live chat
- Helpful to people who need to resolve large credit card balance
- Free consultation service
- It’s really not transparent since fees are not disclosed
- It does not offer weekend support for its customers
- Doesn’t give information about when agents are available for live chat
8. GreenPath Financial Wellness:
This company is one with transparent prices. It is accredited by the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC). Unlike other companies, GreenPath provides credit counseling and debt management plans for clients.
Surprisingly the debt relief plans are not harmful to your credit score since you can repay everything you owe, nonetheless, at a reduced interest rate.
- A low management plan from $10 to $50
- Monthly fee of $10 to $75 depending on local law
- No debt settlement
- Free to a low-cost debt management plan
- Extensive financial education resources
- Monthly fees and setup costs may be required
9. PACIFIC DEBT RELIEF
Pacific Debt is an accredited Debt settlement company that negotiates with creditors to reduce what a customer owes and such a customer, in turn, makes one monthly payment to the company.
- It resolved debts within 24 to 48 months
- It requires a minimum debt settlement of $10,000
- Settlement fee is within 15- 25%
- Helps a customer avoid bankruptcy
- It offers professional consultation
- Limited to unsecured debt
- High minimum debt settlement fee
- It requires a high interest for debt
- Can’t guarantee how much its program will lower debts settlement
- It doesn’t cover collateral-based loans like car or home loans
10. DMB Financial:
This company differs from others because it does not specify its minimum debt requirements. It only accepts customers who have at least two credit cards and $10,000 in debt.
DMB Financial is accredited by AFCC and IAPDA. The company has helped more than 30,000 people resolve their debt burdens and has managed over $1 billion in debts.
- A monthly fee of $35.95 is required
- A 15- 25% range of original debt
- The time for settlement is 24 – 48 months
They provide experience advisor
There is a fast settlement time
It settles your debts for less than what you owe.
- They don’t disclose their service fee
- It does not have wide-range coverage
Debts relief companies set out to help people with unsecured debt with each starting the required in debt a customer is expected to owe. The whole idea is to help people who are struggling to pay their monthly bills while some others as seen in the articles lookout for those in the military or run small businesses.
They also provide specialists for those who want to reduce their outstanding debt balance and people who are more concerned about getting rid of their debt so as to improve their credit scores.
However, have it in mind that any debt relief company that offers debt settlement typically brings down your credit score.
Florence is a personal finance writer, who is passionate about helping others attain financial freedom. She covers topics from side hustles and debt payoff to investment and retirement.